Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
St Peter’s is a warm, caring and inclusive school where everyone feels valued and can grow in confidence and faith. In this supportive community, children are encouraged to develop enquiring minds, a lifelong love of learning and a respect for other people and cultures. We are led by our core Christian Values of Community, Compassion, Truth, Trust, Friendship and Endurance in everything we do, learn and say.
Be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
1 Peter 3:8
We reflect our vision and values through our principles for teaching and learning which provide our aims for all children at St Peter's.
- Everyone feels safe and happy in school and follows our clear rules.
- Learning is engaging, exciting and rigorous. Activities are planned and taught based on a problem-solving, real-life approach. Maximum use is made of lesson time.
- Children are resilient, independent learners. They act on adults’ feedback effectively to edit and improve their work. They are happy to accept and seek out challenge, and keen to improve their own and others’ learning.
- Our ‘Keep up not catch up’ culture means that no child falls behind. We know exactly how each child is doing and take steps immediately to support children who need it.
- We have open and mutually supportive relationships with parents. We communicate effectively with parents about their child’s progress and how to help them improve.
- We have very high expectations of learning, behaviour, progress and attainment.
- Everyone takes pride in our work and in our school.